Falk Parent Organization (FPO)
“From the earliest days, we knew that it was not possible to do good work with the little children without the help of their parents.”
- Caroline Pratt, I Learn From Children
Who We Are...
An enthusiastic welcome to you from the Falk Laboratory School Parent Organization (FPO)! Below are our goals for 2016-2017 and beyond. The FPO is comprised of the entire Falk community and consists of parents (just like you!) who volunteer their time, talent and ideas to the organization. We recognize how busy life can be and value any amount of time our families are able to give; therefore, we do not require attendance at regularly scheduled meetings. Instead, we encourage you to volunteer your time and contributions in whatever capacity your lifestyle allows.
The primary purpose of the FPO is to identify and facilitate opportunities for:
- Whole-School Community Building
- Faculty & Staff Support and Appreciation
- Student Support and Appreciation
The FPO was created to help meet wishes for our children that exist beyond the curriculum. These wishes are articulated both by parents and teachers, and oftentimes by the children themselves! We encourage suggestions and feedback from our community as it is our priority to enhance everyone's experiences at Falk. We do not collect annual dues therefore we rely on parent volunteers and the support of Falk families so that we may continue to put forward these events. Through this collaboration we are able to:
- Offer community-wide events where families can interact with faculty, administration and staff outside of the classroom for both social and educational reasons
- Promote enrichment activities and social activities for children at each level
- Celebrate Falk staff and faculty with various appreciation efforts
A sampling of the activities supported by the FPO include the Welcome Back Picnic, Fresh Fruit Cutting Initiative, Halloween Festivities, Movie Nights, Multicultural Picnic and Spring Carnival. The FPO also proudly supports parent driven groups such as Diversity & Inclusion Discussion Group and Falk Parent Learning Diversity Support Group.
Our primary means of communication is through email announcements and the website. We encourage you to check the website often for updates and to reach out to us at email@example.com with any ideas or feedback you have as we are here to support Falk families.
We wish you a happy and healthy school year and invite you to share your experience and knowledge with us so that we can create new and lasting memories for our kids.
Falktalk, the FPO newsletter, is produced bi-monthly and is an important way to keep informed of school and FPO events. Other important information and contacts are available in the Falk School Handbook and Directory, available through the family portal section of Falk school’s website.
- Welcome Back Picnic
- Fresh Fruit Cutting Initiative
- Halloween Festivities
- Movie Nights
- Multicultural Picnic
- Talent Show
- Spring Carnival
- Webinars & Guest Speakers
- Affinity Groups
- Diversity and Inclusion Discussion Group
- Parent Learning Diversity Support Group
- Progressive Education Discussion Group