What's Your Talent?
We invite you to participate in this year’s Falk School Talent Show. If your child is interested in performing or participating as a card carrier (as described in paragraph 6), please register per paragraph 5 below. Here’s what you need to know:
- Show Days: This year’s Talent Show will span over three separate days on March 20th, 21st & 22nd. The school-wide performances will be held from 10:15 – 11:00 AM in the gym. Parents of participating students are welcome to attend – keep in mind that the gym will be crowded as all students, faculty and staff will be together at that time.
- Limit on number of performances: Each student performer will be limited to one act, either individually or with a group of students; however, a student may participate in any number of teacher-led group acts, such as a brass or woodwind sectional, a class performance, etc., in addition to their allotted act.
- Time limits: Each performance must be limited to 3 minutes or less. This time limit applies regardless of how many performers are involved. Time will be tight, so we have to work together to pace things and give everyone a chance to perform.
- Content: Each act must be appropriate for an elementary school setting. Each participant must meet prior to the assigned day of performance with Ms. Sassani or Mr. Scheller to discuss the plans for his or her performance so that the school can determine if the act is acceptable and appropriate.
- How to Register: You will be asked to provide the following information: (i) participating student’s name; (ii) parent/care giver’s name; (iii) parent/care giver’s email address (iv) description of the act (including name of skit, song, etc.) or interest in being a card carrier (v) names of other members in the act; (vi) 1st, 2nd & 3rd choices for performance date; and (vii) conflict dates. Please use the following link to register: https://tinyurl.com/Falk2018TalentShow There are limited spaces for performances and slots will be filled in the order registrations are received. Please keep in mind that some of the prior years’ Talent Shows have been oversubscribed. The final day to register is Friday, March 2nd, but we urge you to register as soon as possible! If you are interested in performing but haven't worked out the exact details of your act, please go ahead and submit a registration form to reserve a spot.
- Posters / Card Carriers: Performers are encouraged (but not required) to prepare a poster with their name, or the name of their act, written in bold letters, so as to be seen by the audience. For example: Marvin the Magnificent or Marvin Jacobs or The Jacobs Family Ensemble. Our “card carriers” will walk across the stage with each poster, announcing each act. This gives younger students who wish to do something on stage the chance to get their feet wet, and the audience will remember the performers better as well.
We all want the show to run smoothly and for everyone to have fun! Please feel free to email Ms. Sassani at email@example.com if you have any questions.
The 2018 Talent Show Committee