Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program
- PNC Bank NA (k-12)
- FCC Asset Management, Inc.
- First Capital Corporation
- NexTier Bank
- UPMC Health Plan
The Falk Laboratory School is a scholarship organization under the PA Educational Improvement Tax Credit program, which means approved companies can receive tax credits for donations to Falk Laboratory School at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Tax credits are equal to 75% of the contribution up to a maximum of $300,000 per taxable year.
- Tax credits can be increased to 90% of the contribution, if the business agrees to provide the same amount for two consecutive tax years.
Entities authorized to do business in Pennsylvania and are subject to one or more of the following taxes:
- Corporate Net Income Tax Capital Stock Franchise Tax
- Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
- Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Mutual Thrift Institution Tax
- Personal Income Tax of S Corporation Shareholders or partners in a general or limited partnership.
Pennsylvania businesses can begin applying for Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credits through DCED’s electronic single application system. DCED no longer requires applicants to mail the signed signature page.
The business application guide explains the process of applying. Tax credit applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis by day submitted. All applications received on a specific day will be processed on a random basis before moving on to the next day's applications. Applications will be approved until the amount of available tax credits is exhausted.
For more information, visit the Department of Community and Economic Development’s website.
For more information, please contact Michael Haas, director of development at 412-648-1789 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.