Middle School Supply List
This year, every middle school student will be provided with some basic supplies designed to be used across learning experiences in both the pod classroom and humanities. In an effort to mitigate spread of germs through shared use of materials, each child will be provided the following:
- Falk customized daily planner (Students do not need to purchase a planner this year as Falk will be providing customized planners to all middle school students.)
- Larger rubber erasers (replenished as needed)
- Black flair pen
- Expo marker(s)
- Small white board
- Glue stick
We are asking each family to provide the following items for their middle school child(ren). These items will be kept in your child’s work area and used only by your child.
- Pencils (mechanical or standard are fine)
- Small hand-held pencil sharpener
- Pencil case
- 2-3 (or more) masks labeled with the student’s name and kept in a small Ziploc bag
- When selecting cloth face masks for purchase and use, remember they should: fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face; be secured with ties or ear loops; include multiple layers of fabric; allow for breathing without restriction; and be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape. Face masks should be laundered after a day’s wear, so having enough at home to rotate through the week is best practice.
- One bin to store binders and books (sample bin). The bin should be no larger than 15” x 15” x 15”. This will be kept next to the student’s desk to ensure materials are not shared.
- 2-3 ballpoint or gel point pens (Good erasable pens exist now so feel free to use those.)
- Pair of scissors
- Set of color pencils
- Two 1.5-inch binders
- Two sets of page dividers (advisors will help students organize these binders)
- Pack of lined loose-leaf, 3-hole punched paper
- TI-30xiis Calculator (Texas Instruments)
- Large labeled, refillable water bottle
- Box of tissues
Please do not hesitate to send a confidential email directly to Dr. Newlin (email@example.com) if procuring these items is a challenge for your family.